Saturday, April 27, 2013

Post festival :: MGMT at Penn State's Movin' On

I drove three hours (a total of 6 round trip) up to Penn State and back just to see MGMT perform live at the Moving On festival. Packed into a tiny VW bug with three other people and a Rage Against the Machine CD it was nothing short of an adventure.







The day was beautiful and (most of) the bands that played were good. When the sun set and the crowd swarmed forward and MGMT took the stage it was a moment of psychedelic sound magic. My only complaint was that they didn't play kids. I understand that they do not play the song because of its surge in popularity in the mainstream-- the opposite of everything that MGMT has stood for. However, this was my second seeing MGMT live and as much, my second time not hearing kids live....and that's a little disappointing. Electric feel however, was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment