So grab a pair of forgotten hoops and some scrap pieces of learn how to make your own!
1. strong fabric glue (I use Fabritac)
2. a pair of hoop earrings (any size)
3. DMC cotton embroidery thread
HOW TO ::
1. The first and most important thing to do is to pick your colors! You can use as many or as few as you want.
I picked a pale cream, a light orange, a bright red, and a dark brown.
2. To start wrapping, take s piece of the cream thread and the fabric glue. Put a small strip of glue in the inside of the hoop and push the thread into the glue. Place another strip of glue onto of the thread and carefully start wrapping the thread tightly around the earring.
***REMINDER :: for everything you do to one earring, make sure that you do the exact same to the opposite side.
3. After the string is wrapped approximately one inch down the hoops, cut the end short so only about a quarter of an inch is unwrapped. Put another dab of glue on the hoops inside and press down the end string.
4. After the cream thread is all wrapped then take the orange thread and the red thread and repeat the previous steps. Each color should measure about one half an inch. To start each color, just put some glue on top of the end piece of the previous color and continue wrapping.
5. These earrings are all about symmetry. So to keep all the colors even, after wrapping the cream, orange, and red once each repeat the previous four steps and wrap each color again starting on the other side of earring back.
6. To finish wrapping the earrings, take the brown thread and begin it like the other colors. Wrap until it hits the beginning of the other color. Then, cut the thread just long enough that it reaches the inside of the hoop, put a dab of glue on the metal and smooth the thread in so that it's ends are hidden.
If you liked my new tutorial, be sure to check out more how-to links here on IFB!